Oberlin Square Cuff
This large cuff was modeled after one of the most famous quilt squares, the Oberlin square. Then hand stitched with real thread, this bracelet is unique take on modern sewing and quilting. It is slightly adjustable.
To create this cuff, I used 3D printing to first create the quilt square model in wax. From there, I cast this model into metal and used real embroidery thread to hand stitch the thread into the cuff. Using this technique I was able to keep the fabric elements in the final fully metal design.
This cuff is part of the Women's Work collection, inspired by traditional quilting.
The Oberlin Square is one of quilting's most recognizable designs, this traditional motif was named after Oberlin College, the first American college to admit black students in 1835 and the first to allow women to receive a Bachelor's degree in 1841.
The first four women to be admitted to Oberlin were: Mary Kellogg, Mary Caroline Rudd, Mary Hosford and Elizabeth Prall, and in 1862, Oberlin graduated Mary Jane Patterson, the first African American woman to earn a college degree.
My Handmade Quality Guarantee
- Each and every piece of Nina Berenato Jewelry is handmade by me and my team in my Austin, TX studio. I hand-build with heartfelt intention - knowing that my one of a kind designs will empower and strengthen you every time you wear it.
- Your jewelry is made with 100% recycled metals that are recycled and refined at United Metals, America’s largest environmentally-friendly refinery.
- The natural stones I use in some designs are truly special. They are ethically mined and sourced from a small family-owned lapidary based in India. No two stones are quite alike, making my stone pieces some of the best sellers.
-Our gold plating is applied 10x thicker than the industry standard!
- Everything that I make is hypoallergenic. We NEVER use nickel in any of our jewelry and my designs are safe for even the most sensitive skin.
- As a final step, I apply a protective coat on all of the jewelry so it’s ok to get wet, come in contact with lotions and perfumes, or even be in the pool.
We offer free 30-day returns for all customers in the US in the form of store credit. For returns outside of the US, you are responsible for return shipping costs. All eligible returns will be credited back in the form of store credit. Eligible items for return must be in their original condition without signs of wear or damage. Original shipping fees, worn or damaged merchandise, and gift cards are non-refundable.
All eligible returns will be credited back in the form of store credit. Eligible items for return must be in their original condition without signs of wear or damage. Original shipping fees, worn or damaged merchandise, and gift cards are non-refundable.