Wow, was that a year! If you've been following my team and my brand, you know all the craziness that has gone on in 2019.
*cough* BEYONCE *cough*
But seriously, let's take a step back and see everything you've helped me accomplish.
Because without you guys I wouldn't have been able to...
- Support 7 other women with jobs
- Donate over 11,500 in cash to charities
- Raise $27,000 for other local makers and artists by selling their goods
- Mentor 36 local female creatives through free lectures and private consulting
- Host 12 women artists in residencies
- Create 3 donation-based products
- Raise $3,200 for my Making It Together Grant
- Drive traffic to 20 other Austin female-owned retail businesses through our Free Ring Scavenger Hunt
Oh and let's not forget about all the press we received! I made the cover of Austin Woman Magazine's June issue. And, when I thought I had hit the top, I got the call I never thought I would get... BEYONCE NEEDED MY HELP! I was commissioned to make custom face masks for the Lion King Spirit Music Video. AND THEN, we outfitted Lizzo, Billie Eilish & Tiffany Haddish all in just a few months!!!
At the beginning of the year, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know I would be able to give so much back to my community and I had no idea my jewelry would be worn by these amazing celebrities. But, I knew I had a vision. That's why my team and I started game planning early. We were determined to crush 2019.
And, crush it we did! We...
- Produced over 4,000 pieces of jewelry
- Hit over 8,000 orders
- Released 35 new designs
- Taught 50 jewelry making classes
- Had about a billion cups of coffee - thanks Chameleon Cold Brew (;
AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS! We converted our packaging to be 100% compostable and sustainable! If you didn't hear, we even received Austin's highest sustainability honor/award as a Platinum Green Business Leader!!!
I mean, wow. This year has meant so much for me, my company, my girls, and my career. But, we don't stop here ladies. We are going to keep pushing ahead! It may be a new year, hell a new decade, but my mission is still the same - make women feel powerful with every design.
So, from my team and I and the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU for all the support you've given us. We could never do this without you. The NB Team is coming into 2020 strong, empowered, and laser-focused. See you guys in the new year!
xoxo, Nina B