Nina Berenato Jewelry is the first fashion retail business in Austin, Texas to earn the city's highest sustainability honor as a Platinum Green Business Leader, going toe to toe and surpassing billion-dollar companies. Here's why:
- All products are made from recycled and refined metals sourced from United Precious Metals Refinery in Miami, FL. United has a commitment to both their environmental and Fair Wage responsibility.
- None of our products contain animal products and are 100% cruelty-free.
Our production & manufacturing is done locally, reducing our energy imprint and ensuring safe and fair conditions for our workers.
- Our e-commerce shipping products are zero-waste and fully compostable. They have clear instructions, explaining the life cycle of their packaging and encouraging responsible disposal. We source our e-commerce packaging from North American companies Botanical Paper Work, Pure Labels and Eco-Enclose, minimizing our energy consumption in receiving these products.
- Our headquarters, production studio, and storefront Austin, Texas runs off of 100% wind-powered energy.
- Our in-store packaging is either recyclable or fully compostable and labeled as such. We have eliminated receipts to consume less paper and ask our customers to skip bags altogether when possible.
- The founder has risen as a leader in Austin, encouraging others to join in creating a more ethical city by creating the #SeasonofSustainability movement. This initiative includes both Nina's personal examples along with a group of videos aimed at educating both retailers and consumers on ways they can be better in their day to day consumption.
- Inside of our store we have a small selection of other designers' work. When choosing these designers, we buy plastic-free products and packaging only.
- On the off chance that a customer is finished using their jewelry, our products can be returned to our store location to be refined and recycled into new pieces.